Plus one! The “let’s update Chili’s resume!” edition! Here are eleven things that I added to my resume today.
1. designed and taught core English courses to grades 9-12
2. designed and implemented objectives and standards for core English courses
3. designed, planned, and taught online “snow day” courses via web-based program
4. led NECAP standardized test preparation for Language Arts; proficiencies rose three straight years
5. designed and supervised independent study courses for students in writing, literary analysis, and film study
6. designed and taught elective courses in poetry, film as literature, and Aliens and Vampires in Literature
7. coached Poetry Out Loud team 2009-2012; regional finalist each year
8. communicated with parents via email and in-person conferences; published a weekly informational newsletter for the school community
9. ran quarterly book fairs at Barnes and Noble; stocked, tracked, and maintained school’s book supply
10. Led the Socratic Society club’s weekly meetings
11. chaperoned out-of-school activities
Now, are any of you any good at writing cold-contact cover letters?