I found this at DrPrezz’s place.
Back To School Meme
Completed in Reference to (Self or Child): Self
1. Number of years teaching or your eldest child has been in school (k through college) ? 3, but this will be my first term at Local U.
2. Amount approximately spent on Back to School Items so far including clothes? For me? $0.00. I have everything I’ll need. The girls, however, are another matter entirely…
3. Number of Days until school starts in your area (+ or – if it’s started)? Technically, 12. As I don’t teach on Tuesday, though, my school year starts in 13 days – on Wednesday.
4. Approximate distance school is from your house? 6 miles, give or take. I have to tell you that I don’t know for sure – I think of it more in terms of time than mileage.
5. Amount of time it will take you or your child to get to school from your house by car or bus? Between 5 and 7 minutes, but that doesn’t include having to hunt down a parking space.
6. The actual or approximate number of students in the class you teach or your oldest child’s class? I won’t know this until I get my rosters next week.
7. The number of classes in your grade or your oldest child’s grade level? Oh, Lordy. There are more sections of Freshman English at Local U than any other class. Every incoming freshman has to take the course, so the university makes it readily available. I’m teaching two of those myriad sections.
8. The price to buy a full student lunch at school? Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of six bucks without a meal plan, I imagine.
9. Number of schools in your district? As I’m teaching at a college, this question doesn’t really apply.
10. Early dismissal days already built into the calendar? Again, not so much. I can tell you, though, that I’m teaching M/W/F from 8:10-9:00 in the morning and M/W from 5:40-7:00 in the evening.
11. Price paid for the most expensive back to school item so far? Again, zero dollars spent so far. I may have to spring for some whiteboard markers, though…
12. Time school day ends? 9:00 and 7:00