That’s when I’m meeting the school for my second interview.
I came home this evening to find that a message had been left at about 7:20. I called back and spoke to one of the interviewers – I’m guessing I called him at home – who asked me whether I’d prefer the 3:30 time slot or the 2:00 one. I told him that it didn’t matter a whit to me (both because I want him to think that I’m flexible – because I am – and, well, it really doesn’t matter a whit to me). He asked if it would be okay to put me in the 3:30 slot, but could he call me back to reschedule if the other candidate doesn’t have as much wiggle-ability as I do. SURE! See how accommodating I am? Wouldn’t I make a wonderful colleague!?
So, we’ve got to wait until Thursday afternoon to see what happens next. I’m relieved that the waiting for the phone call is over, and excited for what happens next.
I recognize that I could still not be offered the job despite all the good vibes I’ve been getting. I’m not the only person gunning for this position. I’ve been thinking about this for the last week or so, and I’m trying to decide how I feel about it. On the one hand, I’ll be profoundly disappointed. I really want to work next year. I am excited about teaching, I want to do it, I’m eager to get started. I want my own classroom with my own kids and all of my enthusiasm and love for the job. If I’m chosen for the position, I will be great at it, I just know it.
On the other hand, I’m not sure that I’d be crushed if I don’t work next year. My faith in the Universe is such that I believe that I’ll be put right where I need to be when I need to be there. It’s not as though I don’t have a ZILLION things to do around the house (the house with the addition and expanded kitchen that are still not finished). I wouldn’t be sitting around all day feeling sorry for myself. I am fortunate enough to be in a financial situation where I don’t HAVE to work.
But I WANT to.